TScan Therapeutics is a startup biotech seeking to revolutionize
life-changing therapeutics for patients by identifying novel T
cells and epitopes. We are seeking a driven and experienced finance
professional to join our team as the Head of FP&A and R&D
Finance. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in
financial planning & analysis, valuation, budgeting, reporting, and
enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative and vibrant startup culture.
TScan is a dynamic, fast growing company, so those with initiative
and a sense of urgency will thrive in this role.
T-Scan Therapeutics was founded in 2018 by a small group of
scientists led by Dr. Stephen Elledge (Harvard Medical
School/HHMI). TScan is discovering and developing novel
TCR-engineered T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer.
TScan’s discovery platform is centered around a breakthrough
technology that enables the rapid, comprehensive, and genome-wide
identification of the peptide antigen targets of T cell receptors.
This technology greatly enhances our ability to understand the
specific antigens that drive important disease processes, including
tumor cell recognition by the immune system, self-reactivity in
autoimmune disorders, and acquired immunity in infectious disease.
TScan is using the platform in oncology to discover new TCR/target
pairs and to rapidly move novel TCRs into clinical development.
• Primary oversight of financial planning and reporting
• Create processes, policies, long term planning models and
• Partner and collaborate with leadership team and science
• Develop and own the annual budgeting process and quarterly
• Design reports summarizing operational results and forecasts,
including department performance against financial, strategic and
operational targets, with timely communication of opportunities and
risks to relevant stakeholders
• Identify, interpret and explain budget and expense variances:
analyze cost variances, actual vs. plan/forecast and actual vs.
prior period, review with departments
• Actively partner with departments to ensure accurate monthly
financial reporting and provide ongoing financial and analytical
• Identify trends in financial performance and recommend
Company Valuation and R&D Finance Responsibilities
• Own long-term Company valuation model
• Internal and external financial reporting
• Lead process improvement and optimize business practices
• Assist with transaction support including due diligence,
analysis of benchmark transactions, etc.
• BA/BS degree and/or Master’s degree in Economics, Accounting
• 8+ years forecast and modeling experience
• Self-motivated, strategic and analytical thinker with superior
problem solving and decision-making skills
• Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills and
experience with the development of comprehensive valuation models
• Ambitious work ethic with a team win mentality
• Superior project management and written and verbal
• Accurate, organized and ability to meet deadlines
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline
driven environment with shifting priorities
• Advanced use of Excel and PowerPoint
• ERP experience preferred
• Life science experience preferred
Do YOU have the anatomy of a TScanner?
Our talented, compassionate and intelligent team is what makes
TScan a great place to work. Our new offices in Waltham with over
10,000+ square feet of premium lab and office space is an
environment that supports innovation, camaraderie and
professionalism. We are driven, passionate, fun, flexible and team
oriented. Sound like you? Apply today.
Job ID: 54511762
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
Position Title: Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
Company Name: TScan Therapeutics
Job Function: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Jobs You May Like Research Associate, Molecular Immunology
100 Winners Circle, Suite 300 Brentwood, Tennessee 37027 (978)