Account Director (Media Relations and Strategy) ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
(Media Relations and Strategy) 617MediaGroup, one of the
fastest-growing progressive communications agencies in the U.S., is
looking for a skilled Account Director to join our growing team.
Candidates from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly
encouraged to apply. At 617MediaGroup, we don’t just accept
difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it
for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our
Who we are:
Veteran campaigners, communicators, designers, strategists,
storytellers, web developers and true-believers. We love what we
do. We’re results-driven. And we only work with clients we believe
What we do:
We move public opinion. We win tough fights. We tell stories
simply, and with maximum impact. We offer comprehensive
communication services: from earned media to paid, and social media
to owned content. Copy and design. We do it all.
What we value:
• The peace of mind that comes with fully-paid healthcare
• Industry-leading benefits, including ample paid time off.
• 617MediaGroup is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Who you are:
• An ace writer and media strategist with a knack for sharp,
compelling writing—from attention-grabbing press releases to
persuasive op-eds, pitches, and talking points.
• A newshound with a proven track record of pitching and placing
media at the highest levels.
• A skilled campaigner and communicator who knows what it takes
to win high-stakes campaigns.
• A mission-driven strategist who’s dedicated to criminal
justice reform, ideally with relevant agency, advocacy, and / or
What you will be doing:
• Planning and executing high-impact national communications
campaigns with Agency leadership and our national criminal justice
• Managing media relations and strategy nationally and in key
states for groundbreaking efforts to reduce over-incarceration.
• Writing and producing top-notch communications materials that
move public opinion and get results.
• At least 5 years of PR/communications experience in advocacy,
PR agency, government, or journalism role, ideally with experience
in criminal justice reform
• Demonstrated ability to drive high-impact media campaigns and
generate high-value placements in major media for social justice
• Eager to make a difference for the public good.
• Demonstrated history of working in support of progressive
• Demonstrated commitment to a diverse and inclusive
• Client management and client relations experience a plus.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Effectiveness at solving problems, whether taking charge
independently or working with a team.
Personal or Professional Website (Optional)
Salary Range You are Seeking (Required for consideration)
Please attach three writing samples including a press release,
op-ed, and any other relevant work samples. *
Attach File Dropbox Google Drive