The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very
important to us. Due to the current situation related to the
Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging our digital capabilities
and continuing to recruit top talent at National Grid.
As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of
our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If
so, one of our Talent Acquisition colleagues will explain how our
video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the
recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you
We know blue sky thinking means being prepared for stormy
Senior Damage Prevention Supervisor, Gas Field Operations Apply
Now Job ID 14014 Location Waltham, Massachusetts Organization Gas
Maintenance and Construction Department Gas Damage Prevention
About us National Grid is hiring a Senior Damage Prevention
Supervisor for our Gas Feild operations department in
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes,
communities, and businesses. We are there
when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy
they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and
our expertise and track record puts us in
an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers,
reducing the cost of energy delivery
today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow.
This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new
opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Job Purpose Supervise a union workforce through coaching,
counseling and team building to ensure tasks are carried out in an
Key Accountabilities · Oversee the operational workload of team
to ensure allocated resources are fully utilized in order to
deliver against agreed upon work plan and execute work activities
within planned unit and budget cost.
· Ensure supervised team comply with safety standards, policies
and processes in order to ensure a safe working environment and
minimize risk for all staff.
· Review ensure accuracy and execute the approval of area
purchase orders, invoices and payroll activities.
· Execute all work tasks in compliance with all Company, Federal
and State policy and regulatory requirements.
· Build good working relationships with internal & external
customers and manage the day-to-day relationship with them in order
to understand their requirements and deliver appropriate solutions
within National Grid policies and processes.
· Monitor performance of allocated staff including issues
relating to sickness, discipline and poor standards of work in
order to ensure that work is performed efficiently and
· Act as the first point of contact for multiple internal
stakeholders and outside agencies in order to provide support and
ensure National Grid deliver against service level agreement.
· Promote and implement best practices in order to ensure all
work tasks achieve high productivity and low costs.
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications · A Bachelor's degree required
· 5+ years of related experience - Ability to lead, motivate and
inspire a team of employees
· Technically proficient within subject matter and experience of
leading a team involved in field operations activities is
· Ability and knowledge to develop standard operating procedures
for field personnel to perform gas work related to mark outs.
· Must have or possess the ability to develop a working
knowledge of information systems critical to the work management,
financial reporting and performance tracking of the designated
· Must have or possess the ability to develop knowledge and
understanding of National Grid’s policies and processes and how to
apply them effectively.
· Must have demonstrated or possess the skills to build
effective, respectful, working relationships.
· Ability to perform off-hour coverage and provide sound
decision-making during emergency situations.
· Identifies the key stakeholders in the organization and uses
that information and the informal organizational structure to get
things done within the Operational area.
· Within own Operational area, demands high performance and
makes the consequences of non-performance clear.
· Promotes team effectiveness by soliciting input from team
members, communicating expectations of the team and delegating
responsibilities while providing support and structure.
· Encourages and empowers others by offering help and advice and
building a common understanding of needs and shared goals of the
· Proactively makes changes to improve performance, efficiency
and effectiveness of processes within the relevant Operations
· Valid driver’s license.
· Flexibility in yard coverage is essential.
More Information This position has a career path which provides
for advancement opportunities within and across
bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining
experience, expertise and acquiring
and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be
assessed and provided offers against
the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a
broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We
foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to
deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National
Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage
minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans to join the National Grid team.