Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WALTHAM
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives
and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's
lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
Job Description Olympus develops analytical devices which can
use a network connection to share data with internet based cloud
services. We are looking for a developer who will help to implement
functionality on both the device and cloud sides of this interface.
To add features for our factory service and field customers on both
the device and cloud UI's.
Job Duties In a typical day, you will:
* Participate in requirement gathering design documentation and
* Work closely with customers and business stake holders to
develop products and features that meet our users' needs and
generate value for Olympus and our customers.
* Be responsive to customer requirements and turn proof of
concept ideas into finished products in a timely manner using an
* Develop cloud side UI applications/dashboards which allow
users to interact with data sent from devices Implement device side
code in response to data coming from the cloud interface.
* Work with cloud backend developers on implementing and testing
REST APIs for data transfer/storage/retrieval.
* Participate in code reviews.
* Maintain a working knowledge and awareness of leading/emerging
technologies in the cloud field.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's Degree in computer, science, math, engineering, or
other scientific discipline.
* Minimum 4 years as a professional programmer.
* Minimum 2 years developing cloud applications.
* Strong SW development skills with experience/proficiency in
some or all the following languages/frameworks - C C++ QT, Java,
* React Demonstrable experience in full stack cloud
* Experience building/using software APIs Practical experience
with databases (SQL MongoDB) and designing for optimum
* Use of source control tools (preferably GIT) and building and
testing code in a multi developer environment.
* Working knowledge of Python.
* Experience developing on the Microsoft Azure platform.
* Experience with basic electronics low level hardware/firmware
debugging bus analyzers would be a plus.
* Adaptable open minded and ready to change in a fast evolving
* Independent quick learner.
* Good communicator able to present complex problems/solutions
to a non-technical audience.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why
we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual
bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as
tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption
leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you
can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the
medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as
well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years,
Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease,
furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and
capturing images of the world.
Olympus has manufactured microscopes since the company's
founding in 1919. Today, Olympus is a leading manufacturer of
optical and digital microscope systems for life science solutions.
Olympus' Life Sciences division supplies microscope systems for
biological use in clinical, research, and educational applications.
For more information, visit www.olympus-lifescience.com.
Olympus...True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and
advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, national origin (including language use
restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress
and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental)
and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran
status or service in the uniformed services, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) ||