Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WALTHAM
Are you looking for a company that cares about people''s lives
and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people''s
lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let''s inspire healthier lives, together.
Job Description The Classification Specialist supports Olympus
business operations by executing the company''s import/export
policies and procedures with a specific emphasis on Harmonized
Tarriff Schedule, Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) classifications.
He/ she works with trade compalince organization to determine
proper valuations, and country of origin determination. Liaisoning
with customs brokers and agents, maintaining PofA with brokers,
conducting audits of brokers as deemed necessary, and managing all
import and export records. He/ she works cross-functionally with
Olympus team members around the globe to ensure compliance with U.
S. and international import regulations.
Job Duties * Analyze, research and assign the appropriate HTS,
Commerce Control List (CCL) and United States Munitions List (USML)
classifications and Country of Origin for all Olympus
* Maintain required records according to regulatory requirements
and company policy.
* Liaison between internal and exernal parties regarding
preferential trade agreements, ensuring that the HTS is correct and
records are upadeted and maintained.
* Train sourcing, engineering and other departments on the topic
of valuation, Country of Origin and other fundamental customs
* Liaison between Olympus and customs brokers to ensure that
assists are properly declared.
* Track liquidation dates and amounts of all U.S. entries.
* Answer questions and resolve issues related to
documentation/data requirements of OGAs (other government agencies)
* Research and prepare duty drawback claims.
* Prepare, research and distribute monthly import cost
* Manage and maintain updates to the HTS, export controlled
goods classifications in the ERP systems.
Job Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor''s degree in Business/Business Administration/Supply
* Minimum 5 years of experience in trade compliance with a
specific emphasis in the Customs Regulations.
* Licensed Customs Broker or interest in becoming licensed in
* Provide import regulatory interpretation and guidance in the
following areas: Classification, Recordkeeping, Valuation, Country
of Origin, Marking, Duty Drawback and other areas.
* Proficient with the Microsoft Office platform, Oracle and
* Knowledge of U.S. and Canadian Trade Regulations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be a highly organized, self-managed individual who works
independently with minimum supervision and the ability to work in
fast paced environment.
* Ability to analyze technical data.
* Ability to interact with fellow employees and outside
* Ability to plan, organize and set priorities.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple tasks
simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
We realize work isn''t just a job to you.
It''s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That''s
why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual
bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as
tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption
leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you
can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the
medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as
well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years,
Olympus has focused on making people''s lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease,
furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and
capturing images of the world.
Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary
of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley,
Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,500 employees throughout
locations in North and South America. For more information, visit
Olympus...True to You. True to Society. True to LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and
advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, national origin (including language use
restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress
and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental)
and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran
status or service in the uniformed services, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) ||