Senior SDN Full Stack Software Engineer
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: May 31, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The SDN (Software Defined Networking) Planning group under
Verizon Network Technology and Planning organization is looking for
a self-motivated and innovative thinking Senior Full Stack Software
Engineer in support of Verizon SDN architecture and technology
development and deployment. As a senior level member of technical
staff, you will be interacting with software engineers,
network/system operations staff, network/system architects and
vendor partners to provide SDN technology evolution strategies and
solutions to keep our service relevance in the market place in the
fast moving and quickly evolving networking industry. Proactive
technology research, industry trend analysis, and developing next
generation network architecture using modern networking technology
(e.g., Software Defined Networking) and providing production
deployable solutions are key functions of the team.
- Validating new technologies and prototyping.
- Developing software defined networking (SDN) ecosystems and
- Architecting and developing full-stack software with the focus
on applications and data security.
- Architecting and developing SDN/NFV platforms.
- Verifying and developing Open API (REST/RESTCONF/NETCONF) and
data modeling (YANG).
- Deploying Linux (KVM, OpenStack, RHEL, CentOS, and Ubuntu)
applications and supporting Linux networking lab
- Participating in open source and open standard industry
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience coding across the full stack (UI front-end, back-end
- Experience with programming languages (Java, C, Go,
- Experience with Spring Framework including Spring Boot and
- Experience with Open API (REST/RESTCONF/NETCONF) or data
modeling (YANG) verification and development.
Even better if you have:
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or EE with modern
data communication technology discipline.
- Five or more years of software development experience.
- Background working in Linux environments.
- Knowledge of Angular, jQuery, ReactJS, Redux, and
- Open Source tools development, implementation, and/or
- Experience developing applications using Microservice
- Ability to analyze and implement enhancements to existing
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience about general Java web development, understand the
concept of Java JSP page, Servlet, Filter, Session, and basic
concept of HTTP protocol (method, header, cookie, etc.)
- Experience about general Java development, understand basic
concept like static class, Java collection package,
- Experience with general HTML/web development, understand
different HTML elements for building web user interface.
to make AJAX call, parse JSON data, and make dynamic change to HTML
web user interface.
- Experience with basic database development, capability to write
basic SQL and know how to create table, do data query and data
change using Java database API (JPA.)
- Experience using source code control systems
- Experience in an Agile development environment as part of a
team of engineers, developers and testers.
- Experience with Linux automation/script development (Ansible,
- Experience with Linux virtualization environments/technologies
(KVM, OVS, containers) and container scheduling/management
platforms (Docker, Kubernetes.)
- Experience with open source logging and reporting solutions
(Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana, Splunk.)
- Experience with open source message bus solutions (Kafka.)
- Database development experience (MongoDB, Redis, and
- OpenFlow experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Waltham , Senior SDN Full Stack Software Engineer, Other , Waltham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!