Company: Aimbridge Hospitality, LLC
Posted on: June 2, 2021
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient
operations of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with
Aimbridge Hospitality standards as well as supervising the entire
Housekeeping Department including rooms front/back of house public
areas and laundry. Exempt associates are expected to work as much
of each workday as is necessary to complete their job
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of
at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary
duties must consist of administrative executive or professional
tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also
involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than
50 percent of the time.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year
of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company
approved spreadsheets and word processing
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards)
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First
- Establish and maintain a key control system for the
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating
with hotel staff.
- Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the
- Monitor and direct all Housekeeping and Laundry personnel.
- Inspect rooms daily and do not schedule an additional
Supervisor or Assistant unless occupancy is over 90 rooms or with
General Manager's approval (property specific).
- Ensure compliance to company and brand training using the steps
to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality
- Conduct all 90 day and annual employee performance appraisals
according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P's.
- Review Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll
compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Be responsible for developing a manager as assigned by the
Corporate Office including sign-off on all competencies and assist
in his/her placement.
- Conduct monthly department meetings with housekeeping staff
according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Prepare employee Schedule according to the business forecast
payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Submit the
Schedule and Wage Progress Report to the General Manager
- Handle overall supervision of daily inspection for arriving
- Ensure lobbies guest hallways guest rooms and the back of the
house areas are cleaned to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain standards regarding Purchase Orders vouchering of
invoices and checkbook accounting according to Aimbridge
- Maintain required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies
by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a
- Conduct monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following
Aimbridge Hospitality procedures.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality's policies
and house rules.
- Train and review all 'House Safety' rules and procedures with
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all Housekeeping
personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Prepare and conduct all Housekeeping interviews and hiring
procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering department
according to procedures; Follow up on Maintenance Requests to
- Respond to all guest requests situations complaints and
accidents presented to Housekeeping in an attentive courteous and
- Attend monthly all-employee team meetings and any other
functions required by management.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a
rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to
Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with other managers employees and all other
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in
M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily
- Focus the Housekeeping Department on its role in contributing
to the guest service scores.
- Balance and clear the room status nightly comparing the PM
Housekeeping Report with the computer's room status report and
resolve all discrepancies.
- Maintain and monitor 'Lost and Found' procedures and policies
according to standards.
- Train all Housekeeping personnel to perform their duties to
Aimbridge Hospitality standards using the steps to effective
training accordig to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly
helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other
- Conduct daily morning meeting with staff.
- Conduct weekly walk through with General Manager and Property
- Use the telephone and computer system for reporting and
verifying room status.
- Ensure valet laundry is recorded for valet cleaners. Check and
review incoming laundry at end of day to ensure all items have been
returned (property specific).
- Properly store secure and issue supplies as needed to meet
- Complete all reports in a timely and efficient manner as
required by management.
- Establish with General Manager's approval any additional
standards as needed for the Housekeeping Department.
- Review Guest Request log daily to ensure that all requests have
been met taking proactive steps to address problems before they
- Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects
on a biannual basis.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s special guests and requests.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General
Directly off highway I-95 and within driving distance of
downtown Boston, this hotel features on-site dining options, modern
facilities and easy access to area attractions, including Faneuil
The Hilton Garden Inn Boston Waltham is only a short drive from
popular sites including the Boston Aquarium and Fenway Park, home
to baseball's Red Sox. The historic cities of Lexington and Concord
are also easily accessible.
Guests staying at the Boston Waltham Hilton Garden Inn can enjoy
a breakfast buffet for a charge at the on-site Great American Grill
restaurant or purchase snacks from the on-site 24-hour convenience
store. The hotel also features an indoor swimming pool and
state-of-the-art fitness facilities.
Explore new opportunities with Aimbridge Hospitality. As the
global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing
portfolio represents 1,400 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries,
from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination
resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our 60,000 associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, LLC, Waltham , Housekeeping Manager, Other , Waltham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!