LPN- Waltham 40 hrs
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Under the supervision of the registered nurse, the Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) provides nursing care to patients within the
scope of Newton-Wellesley Hospital's policies and procedures, and
Massachusetts State regulations of practice. The LPN contributes to
the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and
documentation of nursing care. The LPN collaborates and cooperates
with staff and other hospital and health care personnel to promote
health and wellness for patients, families and the community.
- Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a
cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills,
interpersonal relationships and team building.
- Maintains NWH CAREfirst standards of behavior while working
toward accomplishing the hospital goals and meeting our customers'
- Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for keeping informed about changes.
- Participates in the collection of assessment data.
- Implements physician orders.
- Administers medications as prescribed.
- Documents all patient interventions per unit protocols.
- Participates in the nursing process in providing nursing care
- Individualizes care in consideration of the patient's age,
developmental or physical abilities (including obesity), spiritual,
religious or cultural practices, economic status, literacy skills,
communication skills, cognitive abilities, and gender or sexual
- Participates in patient safety and quality improvement
- Acts as an advocate for patients and families.
- Participates in the education of patients, families and other
- Participates in providing a safe environment for patients and
- Communicates potential or actual adverse events per
- Evaluates the patient's response to interventions.
- Communicates any significant changes in a patient's condition
to the accountable RN and/or MD.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, problem solving and
conflict management skills required
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the
Commonwealth of Massachusetts required
Training, Certifications and/or Registrations
- CPR Training required
- Evidence of continued education and professional
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Waltham , LPN- Waltham 40 hrs, Other , Waltham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!