Posted on: June 8, 2021
Here at NexDine, we make diversity our advantage. From the
workforce we support, the clientele we service, to the food we
create, diversity is our secret sauce!
Want to hear more about our Guiding Principles and what drives
us? Apply below!
Position: Full-Time Salad/Prep Cook
Location: Waltham, MA
Schedule: Monday through Friday - NO nights or Weekends!
Hours: 6:30 AM 2:30 PM
Hourly Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience - Lets talk!
We provide our full-time team members a generous compensation
and benefits package, training, opportunity, and support. We
provide resources, rewards, and incentives to our valued
- Weekly paycheck
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Many supplemental insurances
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Weekly Paycheck
- Plus various perks!
Salad/Prep Cook Job Description:
The Salad/Prep Cook is responsible for assisting the Chef
Manager with daily tasks, station set up and utility
responsibilities. Facilitates set-up from Back of the House to
Front of the House and ensures a clean working environment and
dining area for our customers.
The Salad/Prep Cook will serve as the first impression for our
customers that visit our cafe. This is a hands-on role that
requires accurate speed, efficiency and excellent customer
Salad/Prep Cook Responsibilities:
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and
vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Mix ingredients for green salads, molded fruit salads,
vegetable salads, and pasta salads.
- May monitor, cook and prepare foods to determine if they have
been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling,
or utilization of food thermometers.
- May bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and
- May season, weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to
recipes with guidance from supervisor, using various kitchen
utensils and equipment.
- Assist with stocking stations with all items necessary for
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from
storage and work areas.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed and
provide cooks with needed items.
- Inform management when equipment is not working properly and
when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed
- Maintain clean dining area.
- Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, or other cooking
- Adhere to and promote company standards for safety, proper food
handling practices, sanitation, uniform guidelines, and
- May assist in supporting culinary staff at numerous stations as
- Provide excellent customer service to include being attentive,
approachable, greeting and thanking customers.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Salad/Prep Cook Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in food service
- Previous customer service experience
Must be dependable, neat, clean, professional and have excellent
customer service skills - THIS IS A FRONT OF THE HOUSE POSITION
Who We Are:
We're NexDine, a fast-growing specialty dining service provider,
we're the "Fresh Idea People". We offer excellent working
conditions, empower creativity, cool technology and of course,
We hire and keep great people! We work as a team and everyone
contributes to the success of our business. We want our employees
to get excited about making great food while keeping our customers
satisfied and coming back for more! We want you to continue to
learn new things and also teach others what you know so you too can
grow! We empower our people to make the choices that ensure every
NexDine customer is satisfied with our services. We all work hard,
love what we do and have fun too!
NexDine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status or any other classification protected by
law. NexDine participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: NexDine, Waltham , Salad/Prep Cook, Other , Waltham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!