Senior Admin Assistant
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Title: Senior Admin Assistant
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
Independently performs advanced, administrative, and
confidential assignments. Exercises considerable discretion and
independent judgment and can handle outside contacts with finesse
and diplomacy. Plans, organizes, and schedules work according to
standard procedures. Requires extensive knowledge of company
operations and organizational procedures. May require regular use
of technical and business vocabulary. Will support several VPs and
their teams. The location is in Waltham, MA.
What Will You Do?
- Performs administrative duties such as handling telephone
calls, letters and/or visitors, answering questions, and furnishing
information, opening, and distributing mail, settling expense
accounts, and maintaining office supply inventories and appointment
- Coordinate meetings involving all stages of planning including
logistics, vendors, and materials (in person, video conference or
conference calls), and various other events for multiple senior
executives and global teams across multiple time zones
- Make travel arrangements and manage expense submissions
- Take minutes and accurately enter data
- Help proof reading and developing PowerPoint presentations as
- Able to work off hours as needed to support executives
- Gathers data and prepares reports and/or presentations. Data
may come from internal and/or external sources. Contacts may be of
sensitive, complex, and confidential nature.
- Organizes correspondence and email; responds to requests for
- Coordinates activities between departments and outside
- Composes complex documents using Microsoft Office Suite (Word,
Excel, Power point, Visio, documents, emails, text, etc.)
- Conducts research to compile data relating to required
department reports and special projects.
- Responds to correspondence not requiring Executive's
- Communicates department policies and procedures as directed by
- Coordinates off-site meetings and executive events.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as
How Will You Get Here?
- High School Diploma + 5 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree (Preferred)
- Experience supporting high level executives
- High level of professionalism
- Experienced in multiple forms of written communications
including business presentations, proposals, and memos
- Instinctive ability to prioritize and quickly address core
- Demonstrated organizational skills for time critical deadlines
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Handling confidential material, have strong follow-up
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced working
- Ability to perform responsibilities with a high level of tact
and integrity due to the frequency of senior level internal and
- Ability to adapt seamlessly and proactively within a
fast-paced, fluid work environment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Waltham , Senior Admin Assistant, Other , Waltham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!