Assistant General Manager-203210
Company: Extended Stay America
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- Able to comprehend fundamental instructions, write short
correspondence, and memos. Solid English skills with regard to
reading, writing and verbal communication to be able to communicate
effectively with guests, associates, and outside vendors.
- Ability to operate the property management system technology.
Requires the ability to work through all shift reports and
performing the audit function when necessary.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed written or oral instructions.
- Supervisory skills to oversee daily activities of 8 to 15
- Ability to organize multiple priorities to ensure that daily
operations are performed at peak efficiency.
Environmental Job Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to remain stationary; navigate the hotel and
parking lot; reach, handle, and detect tools, objects and controls;
and detect scent and sounds.
- Occasionally bend, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate
frequently works in outside weather conditions (depending on
- The associate occasionally works in wet humid conditions
(non-weather related), near moving mechanical parts, in the
presence of fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic
chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The work environment typically will be at moderate to loud
- The associate may be asked to travel to help additional
locations within a reasonable geography, or to cover additional
sites during another manager's absence.
- Prior hotel experience in a hospitality or retail establishment
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability is desired.
- Some job-related college level courses preferred.
ESA Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the
policy of ESA Management, LLC to treat applicants and associates in
all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age (as defined under
applicable law), national origin or ancestry, disability status,
veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Position Purpose and Summary:
The Assistant General Manager ("AGM") assists the General
Manager ("GM") or Multi-Unit General Manager ("MUGM") in managing
hotel day-to-day operations, assures optimum performance and
continual improvement in guest satisfaction (GREAT, FRESH, Making
it Right) and associate satisfaction. The AGM is hands on in
managing the hourly staff, including scheduling, directing and
overseeing their daily activities and training. The AGM is expected
to provide leadership to the staff to promote an exceptional
workplace. The AGM also must ensure that safety and security
procedures are in place in accordance with company guidelines and
standards for all associates and guests.
Major/Key Job Duties:
- Demonstrates and promotes 100% commitment to providing the best
possible experience for our guests.
- Become trained in all managerial functions and operations at
the hotel level.
- Ensures all associates are trained and complete required
training timely. The associate must promote compliance with company
policies and procedures, including but not limited to the prompt
reporting of all safety and security issues directly to the manager
or to the appropriate authorities.
- Upholds and drives compliance with policies, rules, and
standards (including but not limited to the safety and security
guidelines) at the property level.
- Ensure associates at the property are driving company
initiatives to increase revenue, lower costs and increase guest and
- Serves as first level of management contact for guest service
issues. Resolves guest issues in a timely manner and determines
whether to escalate to GM/MUGM as needed.
- The AGM must demonstrate professionalism and embrace ESA's
service culture and treat all guest and associates with the utmost
of respect and kindness.
- Daily interaction with the guests to identify quality lead
generation and assist guests with future travel needs.
- Assists in maximizing revenues and flow through to GOP to meet
or exceed budgeted EBITDA.
- Assists the GM/MUGM with interviewing, onboarding and training
- Direct supervision/involvement with all associates to promote a
positive work environment through team work, energy, enthusiasm and
- Actively involved in the daily team meeting and interacts with
the staff to foster continuous improvement, needed guidance,
encouragement and corrective action when necessary.
- Assists the GM in budgetary control measures, including labor
monitoring, room expense control and maintaining PAR levels through
Daily Visual Management.
- Ensures associates have the necessary tools to execute their
jobs on an ongoing basis.
- Serves as the manager on duty in the absence of the
- Inspects guest rooms.
- Provides other relief, or back-up duties as needed at the hotel
including front desk coverage, housekeeping, and other duties when
needed to ensure optimum operation of the hotel.
- Responsible for managing purchase order process, ordering and
receiving products in a timely manner.
- Assists GM/MUGM in monitoring cash management, in-house guest
balances and direct bill receivables compliance.
- Assists with hotel sales activities when needed.
- Actively reviews and monitors social media websites to ensure
timely and appropriate responses.
- Ensures that clean rooms, guest and associate satisfaction are
Keywords: Extended Stay America, Waltham , Assistant General Manager-203210, Other , Waltham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!