Expert, Cloud Platform Engineering - Technology and Digital
Posted on: June 10, 2021
You will be based in our Waltham office as a part of our Cloud
Native tribe. You will work with teams in our global technology
hubs including Waltham, New York City, Prague and Gurgaon offices
as part of McKinsey's global Technology & Digital (T&D)
You will be a valued member of our engineering community and
help drive the adoption of the modern technology stacks in
collaboration with tribes and chapters across T&D, the broader
firm and external strategic partners.
As part of the Cloud Native group, you will be responsible for
building our cloud platforms and help accelerate the firm's
cloud-first transformation. You will be a valued member of our
engineering community and help drive the adoption of the modern
technology stacks in collaboration with groups and chapters across
T&D, the broader firm and external strategic partners.
As a senior Cloud Platform Engineer, you will design and develop
multi-cloud platform engineering frameworks and consumable services
so that application product teams can focus on delivering
innovative business functionality and don't have to develop common
cloud components themselves. You will also be a member of an expert
team of engineers that work with technology groups across the
global hubs to build target state platforms and help migrate
existing applications and products.
You will collaborate with experts across product, architecture,
design, and operations teams to help advance the overall
transformation. You will also partner with the firm's information
security to devise and build secure-by-design cloud ecosystem,
ensuring compliance with privacy, regulatory, and data residency
- 5+ years of experience in Cloud Engineering - hands-on engineer
with proven track record in modern tech stacks, frameworks, and
- Experience in engineering large-scale enterprise cloud platform
implementations in complex usage scenarios and migration paths with
focus on repeatability and automation.
- Expert hands-on knowledge in major public cloud platforms (AWS
preferred), cloud-native architectures, serverless frameworks,
Docker/Kubernetes ecosystem, data security and integration
- Expertise in building hybrid cloud platforms that integrate
on-premises systems with the public cloud
- Expertise in declarative IaC tools such as CloudFormation or
TerraForm, or imperative IaC tools such as AWS CDK/CLI and
familiarity with the associated DevOps practices
- Proficient in building large scale systems using Python, Java,
or other high-performance languages, developer tools, cloud SDKs
(e.g. Boto3), CI/CD, DevOps, monitoring tools and engineering cloud
- Experience in enterprise wide API management, Microservices,
Event-driven architectures and complex integrations.
- Experience working in highly effective and agile engineering
- Collaborative - able to build strong relations that enable
robust debate and survive periodic disagreements regarding
- Influential without direct line management control across
multiple cultural environments (Asia/India/Europe/America), other
internal McKinsey units, and external third-parties.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and
- Degree in computer science or engineering or related
discipline; industry recognized cloud certifications, patents, open
source contributions are preferred.
Keywords: McKinsey, Waltham , Expert, Cloud Platform Engineering - Technology and Digital, Other , Waltham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!