Posted on: June 12, 2021
Alkermes plc (Nasdaq: ALKS) is a fully integrated, global
biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the
treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases and
immuno-oncology. The company has a diversified commercial product
portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates
for diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction,
multiple sclerosis and cancer. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland,
Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a
research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a
manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio.
Tax Manager @ Alkermes
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual US
(federal & state) and international tax provisions ensuring
accurate and timely tax accounting disclosures, including working
with external auditors to assist with their tax provision
- Assist in the preparation and review of international, federal
and state income tax filings with external advisors.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate
timing and inputs with tax team
- Calculate and file/pay federal and state extensions and
quarterly estimated taxes.
- Assist in the preparation of R&D credit calculations with
- Responsible for timely closing federal and state tax audits.
Respond and resolve tax notices.
- Develop, improve, and maintain all tax-related compliance and
business processes. Document internal controls and ensure
Sarbanes-Oxley 404 tax compliance.
- Research tax issues and ensure company compliance with all
relevant income tax laws. Follow new and developing tax
legislations and technical tax issues. Preparing tax analyses,
analytical support, and assistance with other special projects as
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Taxation;
- CPA and/or MST strongly preferred;
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740 accounting for income taxes
including stock-based compensation, valuation analysis and
uncertain tax positions;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Effectively handle and prioritize multiple concurrent
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships across the
- Self-motivated - able to work both individually and as a member
of a team
- Experience with tax-based research tools
- Strong Excel skills required. Experience with LongView a
- Minimum Experience: 5 - 7 years in a multi-state corporate
environment or public accounting firm with SEC experience.
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and
does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed,
color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender expression and identity, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, military status, application for
military service or any other class protected by state or federal
law. Alkermes also complies with all work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Alkermes is an E-Verify employer.
Keywords: Alkermes, Waltham , Tax Manager, Other , Waltham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!